Once you sync channels with Mio, there are a few ways to rename them, depending on your needs:
- If you want to rename ONE of the channels, the easiest way to do this is natively in the platform itself.
- If you want to rename BOTH of the channels, you can do this by turning on future sync.
1. How to rename ONE channel
In cases where you've added a channel to the other platform using Team Sync, and a local user needs to rename it, it's easy to update the synced channel name in one platform, just as you normally would.
- Open the channel you want to rename.
- Click on the Gear Icon.
- Choose Additional Options.
- Click Rename this channel.
- Enter a new name.
- Click Rename Channel.
To rename a Cisco Webex Teams channel:
- Go to Teams.
- Tap on the Team you want to rename.
- Click on the drop down menu.
- Choose Team Details.
- Click Add a new Name.
- Enter your Name.
To rename your Microsoft Teams channel:
- Go to the desktop or web app.
- Click on Teams.
- Go to the Team Name and tap on More Options.
- Click on Manage Channels.
- Tap Channel Name.
- Enter the name you want to use.
- Select Update Channel.
2. Rename a channel after it has already been synced by Mio
Follow these steps if you don't already have future sync turned on.
- Go to the Team Sync tab in your Mio Control Hub.
- Click on Edit sync for the team where the channel is located.
- Without changing of your synced channels, click Confirm Sync (2 of 3).
- Turn on the future sync settings for Sync channel name changes. The arrows should be pointing in both directions.
- Click Finish.
- Go back to your primary team, find the channel, and change the channel name natively.
Future sync should change the name of the channel in the opposite team.
Ready to start syncing your channels?