NOTE: This is an article related to Mio's internal product which connects teams using different chat apps within the same company. If you're looking for articles about Mio Universal Channels, please navigate here instead.
When you sign up with Mio, an account representative will link you to your online onboarding interface. We call this the Mio Hub.
To ensure your company is on schedule, align your company's schedule with our week-by-week overview.
Setting up Mio
Setting up your Mio experience in the Mio Hub is very straightforward.
When you arrive on your Hub, fill in all of the required fields, including the name of your business, email address, and what you want to call your account. You'll also need to give Mio certain permissions to sync your company's platforms.
Mio is a cloud service that you don't need to deploy on premise.
- How does people sync and prompting work in the Mio Hub?
- How does Mio handle channel and membership limits?
- How do I rename a channel or space that has already been synced?
Syncing your channels with Mio
Admins with access to the Mio control hub can sync one or more channel in their "Team Sync" environment. To do this, click on "create new sync," then:
- Select the two teams you want to sync
- Search for the channels you want to synchronize and use the arrows to connect the channels
- Turn on future sync to automatically update synced channels
- Repeat the process to sync additional channels
On the Team Sync page, your sync shows as pending until it's marked as new sync.
- How do I sync more than two Slack workspaces using Mio?
- How does file sharing work in channels synced using Mio?
- Does Mio sync bots and integrations in shared channels or workspaces?
Prompting and people sync with Mio
Syncing your channels is just the first step of the Mio experience. Once you have your channels set up, you'll need your people to sync too. People Sync on Mio prompts employees to set their primary chat platform, so that messages from secondary platforms can be posted natively on other channels and spaces.
In the People Sync section of the Mio hub, you can see each person's sync status in your team:
- Sync on: Already synced and can send messages across platforms
- Sync off: Not synced and cannot receive messages from other platforms
- Sync pending: The person has been prompted to sync but has not yet completed the required steps
Admins can prompt users to sync. You can prompt one person at a time by clicking on the three dots next to their name in the People Sync tab. Admins can also turn on the auto-prompt feature to automatically keep employees informed about how to activate syncing.
When auto-prompting is on, people with sync switched off will be prompted to choose a primary channel when they try to send a message to someone who has already synced their account.
- How do I turn on auto-prompt?
- How do I change an employee's primary account?
- Can users still use alternate accounts after syncing their primary account?
Piloting and evaluating Mio
When your Control Hub is set up, you can pilot Mio to a small section of your company to ensure that all the features are working as intended.
- Kick off your pilot with a letter to your group.
- Check out the Mio rollout process after a pilot ends.
Making the most of Mio with a rollout
Once your pilot period is over you're now ready to rollout to the rest of your company. You can:
- Have your employees walk through the Mio Rollout Checklist.
- Increase adoption of Mio within your company.
- Find out what to do if you forget your Mio Hub password.
Please contact our team if you have any other questions getting started.