If you were trying to install the Mio app for Slack and received a 500 Server Error or "A team preference prevents the authenticated user from creating channels," there are some settings you can change to fix this issue.
- In your Slack app, select your workspace name in the top left corner. Under Settings & administration, select Workspace settings from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Permissions tab at the top.
- Scroll down to Channel Management and choose Expand.
- For People who can create private channels, change the setting to Everyone, plus Multi-Channel Guests.
- For People who can create public channels, change the setting to Everyone, except guests.
- Save your settings.
Need more help?
If you'd like assistance with the Mio app, let us know and a member of our team will reach out as soon as possible.