Before you get started...
The Mio app is not supported on free versions of Microsoft Teams. Make sure you're on a paid plan before continuing.
Option 1: Check that the app is installed in a specific team
In the Team where you channel lives, select · · · next to the Team name and see if you have ability to Manage team.
- If you don't see Manage Team, proceed to Option 2.
- If you do see Manage Team, follow steps 2 and on below.
From Manage Team, go to the Apps tab and select More apps.
Find the Mio app but 🛑 DON'T click Add.
- Hover over the arrow on the "Add" button, select the drop-down option Add to a team.
- On the "Select a channel" screen, search or find the channel of a Team you want to install Mio in and select Set up a bot.
- You can always add Mio to more Teams later.
The Mio app should now be successfully installed in your specific team. Check if the Mio bot messaged you to authenticate your account again.
Option 2: Create a new team
If you do not see an option to Manage Team under the Team you were hoping to install Mio in, you can try a workaround by creating a new Team that you own and a new channel within it. Keep in mind, you will need to invite any other colleagues who need to be in the channel into this new team.
Once you create the new Team and channel within it, follow the regular instructions for adding the app.
Option 3: Send us a message
If you tried the above troubleshooting tips and still need help, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- What platform you installed the app on
- Email address of the account
- Timestamp of original message
- Screenshot(s) if necessary