Before you start
If you are in a universal channel with external contacts, you can also send them a private direct message. If you haven't set up or joined a universal channel yet, check out this article first.
- You must be in a universal channel with your contact first before sending them an invite to direct message.
Note: Mio currently does not support multi-party group chats. Please use a private universal channel in the meantime as we work on this feature in the near term.
Send a direct message to an external contact from Microsoft Teams
In a direct chat with the Mio bot, type "menu". Select New Direct Chat.
- Alternatively, find the Mio app extension at the bottom of any existing universal channel to pull up the Channel Menu. Find the external contact you want to chat with and send them an invite from the pop up.
Find the channel that your external contact is a member of from the drop-down list.
- If you don't see your external contact, check that you're both in a universal channel first.
Once you select Invite & Add to Teams, your Microsoft Teams tenant will install your contact's secondary app.
- A secondary app is a bot that Mio has provisioned for an external user. Secondary apps relay messages between Microsoft Teams and other chat tools. This enables you to stay in Microsoft Teams while your external contacts remain in their communication tool of choice.
- Any external contact you direct message will have a hexagon avatar.
Your contact will receive a message from the Mio bot in their chat app (Slack or Webex Teams). They must accept your invite and add your secondary app to their Slack or Webex Teams before messages can be sent.
You should now be able to seamlessly direct message an external contact. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.