Before installing Mio on Microsoft Teams, please check the following settings to ensure your end users can use the app for cross-platform communication.
1. Free tier of Microsoft Teams
The Mio app is not compatible with the free tier of Microsoft Teams. Please upgrade your tenant before continuing.
2. Microsoft Teams admin center
The following settings are accessible by Microsoft Teams admins only.
- Go to the Manage apps section of your admin center here: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/manage-apps.
- In the search box on the right, search for “Mio”.
- Make sure the Status is marked as Allowed.
- Go to the app Permissions policies section of your admin center here: https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/policies/app-permission.
- Select the permission policy your organization is currently using.
- In the Third-party apps section, choose one of these three options:
- If your company chooses to Allow specific apps and block all others, add the Mio app to the allow list.
Installing the Mio app
- Go to https://app.m.io.
- Select “Microsoft Teams” to install the Mio app on your Microsoft Teams tenant.
- Log in with your Microsoft account.
- Once you see the “Success!” page, open your Microsoft Teams app.
You can now create a universal channel to start chatting with external companies.